The number one reason that people contact Deep Sleep is Lack of Sleep. Be it they cant sleep or someone else in the house doesn’t sleep. And we all know if a child is not sleeping then nobody is sleeping.
I’ve had people talk to me that haven’t sept in years. And with no sign of a reprieve ☹
So how much sleep should you be getting?
- Older adults, 65+ years: 7-8 hours
- Adults, 26-64 years: 7-9 hours
- Young adults, 18-25 years: 7-9 hours
- Teenagers, 14-17 years: 8-10 hours
- School-age children, 6-13 years: 9-11 hours
- Preschool children, 3-5 years: 10-13 hours
- Toddlers, 1-2 years: 11-14 hours
- Infants, 4-11 months: 12-15 hours
- Newborns, 0-3 months: 14-17 hours
What happens when you don’t get enough sleep?
he main symptom of ongoing sleep loss is excessive daytime sleepiness, but other symptoms include:
- depressed mood
- difficulty learning new concepts
- inability to concentrate or a “fuzzy” head
- lack of motivation
- increased appetite and carbohydrate cravings
- reduced sex drive
So if you’re a cranky depressed and moody and cant remember why. Maybe a good nights sleep will help you.
One of the ways to help get to sleep is a Weighted Gravity Blanket. They help to calm down the senses, ground the body and get you to sleep. And also to stay a sleep 😊