What is the best Christmas present for 2021? Wondering what to get that special someone for Christmas? For that loved one, teacher, friend, parent, child, godchild, niece, nephew or even just to treat yourself. Afterall, it has been a tough two years
How about getting them something that will benefit them all year round?
Anxiety is at an all time high due to Covid-19. Covid-19 has affected everyone to some degree
- Young children who have not had the opportunity to socialise. No meeting family or going to baby groups ☹
- Children who have been home-schooled (God help them). Missing out on their friends. Anxious now about school and socialising.
- Teenagers trying to do schoolwork by zoom. Not meeting up with others. Staying isolated in their rooms. Now anxious about exams and socialising with their peers.
- People who have lost their jobs.
- People who work on the front line.
- Stay at home parents trying to home-schooling and get their teenager out of their room
- People who have been hit financially. The worry of money never ends and now Christmas is just around the corner.
- People who relationships have crumpled.
- People feeling lonely and lost.
And on and on the list goes.
A Weighted Gravity Blanket is No.1 on many peoples list this Christmas.
This is because it gives relief from worry and anxiety. Helping you to sleep better and relax.
How to choose the best Weighted Blanket?
- Quality: You want a blanket that is made from 100% Cotton. This is because cotton is durable and breathable.
- Machine Washable: seriously who’s going to hand wash a weighted blanket? A 100% Cotton blanket can be machine washed (yay)
- Removable Cover: Again, the easier to clean the better. Ideally choose a blanket that can fit any single duvet cover to save you on costs.
- Delivery: How soon can the blanket be delivered (with Deep Sleep it’s 2 days’ with An Post). Are there extra charges to be paid?
- Country of Origin: We all know China made products are cheap and not made to last. Deep Sleep’s blankets are made in Europe.
- Filling: What’s it weighted down with. Ideally you want glass granules as fine as sand. This makes your blanket quiet and odourless.
How do you know what weight to buy someone?
Other Weighted Products you can give as presents:
Weighted Lap Pads: A mini weighted blanket. Great to have on your lap to calm you down and make you feel grounded. People have also used them to help with restless leg syndrome and even migraine.
Weighted Activity Pads: Activity / Sensory Weighted Lap Pads are great for Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Stroke, Rehab, Autism and Special Needs. Combining the grounding and comfort of a weighted lap pad and the feeling of calmness and contentment that a sensory quilt can bring. The Activity or Sensory Blanket is a small lap quilt, mat or blanket that provides sensory and tactile stimulation as well as visual.
Weighted Shoulder Wraps: Weighted shoulder wraps create the feeling of a “hug,” produce serotonin, and calm the nervous system.
Weighted Toys: Great for kids & adults.
The weight feels like a hug and is very grounding especially for those who find it hard to sit still. Think of the car, watching tv, going to the cinema, a long journey in the car.
Not sure what they would like? Then give them the gift of choice with a Voucher